Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Announcement

At last! The daughter has finally bagged herself a decent man and got engaged!

Oh the times she has walked into my home all starry eyed and introduced me to someone I knew was a complete idiot the minute he opened his gob.

The times she has sat sobbing because the current 'boyfriend' hasn't phoned/written/called around or done what he said he was going to do.

There has been the odd control freak. I can sniff THEM a mile off, despite the initial charm of them. (Control freaks, take note, it is very rare you can fool a mother)

Then there was Kai's biological father. I will refer to him as the 'The sperm donor' because since Kai's birth, that's the ONLY thing he contributed. In Fact Joseph Ospermdonor, I want to thank you for my lovely grandson, but other than that, you are dead in his life too! (Your words, not mine)

Oh dear, getting a bit irate there. Anyway onto better things.

I want to welcome Petrus to our little family. He is a truely wonderful bloke, for

1. Loving Kai and being his Daddy in the true sense of the word!
2. Loving Christine without makeup, with PMT, with all her little wobbly bits and temper tantrums!
3. Making them both feel secure and loved
4. Coming up with Christine when I was ill and doing the cooking, cleaning and babysitting so I could go to bed when I was knackered.
5. Lending her money so I don't have to anymore!!!

I look forward to having you as a my legal son-in-law sometime in the future. I don't look forward to how much it is going to cost though!! Although I know you two are going to pay for most of it yourselves I must pay for SOMETHING!!!

Welcome Welcome Welcome

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yepp... she certainly has got a good 'un in Petrus. Lise's done well with her Ivan too, so thus far everything's coming up roses :-)

As you know, I have a sperm donor in my life too and have always said that just about anybody can be a father but it takes somebody special to be a dad.

Unknown said...

I am glad you like him as you are the 'extended' family. Richard gets some male company too when they visit. Poor R always surrounded by women!!

Anonymous said...

Richard likes P and not only because it means some male company - he thinks he's a nice bloke. So there you go, full marks all round :-)

Pete said...

Carol

Exceedingly glad for your daughter. Congratulations to the both of them

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post!

Congratulations to your daughter and to you...for this new addition to your family.