Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Moan moan moan

My dad has always said that the biggest crooks in this country are insurance companies and I have come to the conclusion he is right. They have you by the short and curlies all ways.

I am going on holiday on the 26th of October, I am also due to have my gall bladder removed, but despite the fact I booked my holiday in MAY 2005 and have had insurance since then (I discovered, free with my bank) I will not be covered for anything gall bladderish on my holiday. This presents a bit of a dillema really because on one hand, I MIGHT have something gall bladdery go wrong on holiday but then the other alternative is to cancel the holiday.

I have a friend who has a permanent medical condition, which, COULD threaten her life a lot easier than a gall bladder can threaten mine, but because she is not waiting for an operation, her travel insurance will cover her for her illness and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. TESCO quoted me £141 for a single trip!!! Bloody robbers!!!!

Anyway, what I have decided to do now, is postpone my operation until after my holiday and take a chance. I have pretty much got it under control with a low fat diet so I don't envisage too much of a problem. My free travel insurance with my bank isn't offering me any less cover than an expensive travel policy so I might as well use that.

Grenada here I come. Oh I can't wait!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cross fingers you don't develop acute cholecystitis while you're there, althoug I suppose there's less chance of that than of me getting a line infection.

Unknown said...

Oh I would be covered for that, it's no pre-existing!!!

Unknown said...

Actually, Now I have looked up 'Cholecycstitis' (what? Have you swallowed a doctor?!!! .....No don't answer that!!)It's what I was in hospital with. The only stone left is a tiddy one, if it decides to move it should pass straight through

Pete said...

Take it easy, but enjoy yourself