Friday, March 19, 2010

Off cruising

Gosh it's been a long time since I blogged. My old manager took VR in July and I have been busy ever since.
Anyway I have been reading with envy about Akelamalu's lovely cruise and I am off on a cruise myself on Monday, but a cruise of a different kind.

No lovely Caribbean beaches (Or weather) for me but a weeks cruise along the Brecon and Monmouth canal with 3 friends and my niece. I'm 50 you see, my half century will be upon me next week and my daughter, best friend and her daughter will be meeting up with the boat in Talybont on Usk to help me celebrate my 'not 49 anymore' birthday! I am soo looking forward to the break and seeing the beautiful Welsh countryside, I am determined to take it easy and get off and look around properly. It's only 33 miles long, and I could get to the end and back but what would be the point of that?

So when I get back I will be uploading some pics so you can celebrate my 'Half Century' with me.

3 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Nice to see you posting Carol! I'm glad you enjoyed my cruise and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. Cruising with friends, no matter where it is, has got to be good. I hope you have a wonderful birthday - you're still a babe, I vaguely remember my 50th! LOL

Have a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when you get back. :)

Les Biggs said...

Yes about time we had a post.
Enjoy your canal break. I`d like to go for a cruise that is with someone else on the tiller and me lounging on the front deck.

Unknown said...

Les
You should have said before I went, there was room, you would have had to put up with 5 women but I am sure you could have coped with that!! LOL