Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stiff Upper Lip

Laugh? Well I had to last night. Watching Big Brother.

On first appearances Lesley wasn't really my cup of tea, but after being persuaded by Big Brother to rethink her decision to leave the house she went to the bedroom, squatted beside her bed, put her head under the quilt and started to snivel. Finally Emily noticed her and went up to her, the conversation then went like this:

Emily: Lesley, I didn't see you there
Lesley: Sniff, snivel, snivel
Emily: Are you alright?
Lesley (In stiff upper lip tradition) Yes Thankyou
Emily: What are you doing down there? Are you o.k?
Lesley: Yes. Thankyou, I am just sniffing my mattress

I know it doesn't sound funny! And maybe I was just in a silly mood last night, but I cracked up laughing. Next time I am caught crying, I will try that one!!

3 comments:

Pete said...

Carol

Mattress sniffing!!!!!

Akelamalu said...

I don't watch Big Brother because of things just like that - they're all wierdos! I can understand why you cracked up laughing though.

Unknown said...

I do love BB. Didn't last year because of that stupid Nikki bird, but I must admit, I am not as avid a watcher as the previous years.

But I do think you are right, you do have to be a bit weird to want the whole world seeing you in your nightie!! Hahahaha